Monday, July 16, 2007

America: Race and the Race

Are You Experienced? Seventy percent of those polled say Hillary Clinton has sufficient experience to be president. Only 40 percent say Barack Obama is experienced enough for the job.

Americans appear prepared to elect either a black or a female president. But experience trumps both factors—and in a two-way race, Hillary Clinton leads Barack Obama by more than 20 points.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19623085

I found this acrticle to be very informative. It makes you look at weather Obama is experienced enough to handle being president. It also looks at whether people could except a black or female president. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Brown Bear said...

I think the west coast is ready for a black president. I can't voch for the rest of the country though. I honestly have to say that it is more likely for a women to be elected before a black president. I don't think experance is something a lot of people have in mind when electing a president, and in this case it my just be a excuse not to vote for a black president.
I say solve two problems at once:
Have a BLACK WOMEN run for office

Ryan250x said...

From what I've seen so far it appears that both Clinton and Obama have supporters but Clinton may also have more people against her. I think that the nation will accept voting for them.

dj75 said...

I think that people shouldn't base their decision on a woman or african american for president. Race and gender should not be considered a major factor in anyone's decision of voting. Their qualifications, background in politics, and political views should be the only factors that people should consider in voting for a president, who would lead our nation for the next four years.

candiib0ob0o said...

i think a persons views and actions should be the biggest factor in elections

Unknown said...

But it makes me wonder, how can we really trust the media? You need good and fabulous sampling and wording. How do you know that this poll doesn't have all that stuff?

theyellingqueen said...

I agree with dj75 that we shouldn't base out decisions on a woman or african american for president. We should look at the whole picture and all the facts to see who is better for the job.

DrPepper6pk said...

If any of the two is competent for the job and not completely clueless of what to do, I really dont care who gets elected

chopstx said...

I also agree with dj75 about not voting based on race or sex. Isn't that the reason why we take civics, so we don't mindlessly vote for the candidate that we think is more popular?